Followers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

“THE” Rainbow cake…here’s mine!

 


I first saw this cake on MckMama's blog.
I've been going back and forth with myself about trying to bake it..considering I don't bake.
Don't get me wrong, I love to cook...baking? Not so much!

Then Princess M saw the pictures on MckMama's blog...of all the pretty rainbow cakes. Then she tells me it was the cake she wants for her birthday..which means I have to make it..er bake it. And I don't bake.

So I bought a few boxes of cake mix, quite a bit of food coloring and a dozen of eggs.

About two weeks went by and every now and then I'd look at the recipe and think about attempting to make (er bake) a practice cake.

FINALLY the other day I started my attempt. Did I happen to mention I truly despise baking?

So I prepare all of the colors...
 
003

 004

005

I will admit, that part was a little bit fun!

Then the assembling began.

 

008

And the finished product??

I think it turned out pretty good, considering I don’t bake.

003

7 comments:

  1. woah thats an awesome cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Amanda made the Rainbow cake at MckMama's gathering, it was so delish! I haven't attempted it but you make it look easy and just as delish I might add!

    If you ever want to refer back to the directions you can find them here

    http://iammommy.typepad.com/my_weblog/rainbow-cake/

    Amanda gives out detailed instructions under "here" which is on the Pioeneer womans's Tasty Kitchen.

    Also, from Amanda's blog you can click on her i am baker blog and get other great ideas. She's really helpful too if you ever need more instructions. I think she could make a baker out of you! :)

    Now, off to the store to get some food coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made that look so easy!! Save me a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Good for you. Man, I struggle with just one layer, I am impressed...no, beyond impressed, with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! That looks great! Good job. I wasn't even going to attempt to make it because it looks like so much work. :)
    Those cake pans look flatter than normal sized ones? Are they or is it just the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! I think I need to try that sometime. looks so fun and professional!

    ReplyDelete