Followers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.."

Do you know who said that?

How about this one? "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

Anybody?? Dr. Seuss!!! 

I absolutely love these quotes! I actually wrote them both down in the kids journals tonite. They are both so inspirational. The title quote really hits home today, because at Princess M's open house tonite, they told us that she is reading at the level of a kindergartener who has been learning to read for 7 months! My baby is READING! They even have her in an advanced group of kids! I am so proud...As a mother, it makes me feel like I'm doing something right.  It's really  a great feeling. When at other times, we doubt ourselves and the choices we make for our children. Or we have guilt for the choices we did make, or the things we said or didn't say. 

I have to admit, that when she is fully capable of reading a book to herself I will be sad. No longer will she need me to read to her. Yes, I'm sure she'lll want me to, but it will never be the same..I'll never have the magic of the story on the tip of my own tounge. Instead, the magic of her reading sentences will replace it. It's very bittersweet. 

I can't wait to read my little ones a book in the morning. Untill next time.......don't forget to floss. 

3 comments:

  1. this is such a sweet and awesome entry! It also makes me proud to hear that she is so advanced, when you weren't sure what to make of all of the things she'll be learning this year.

    I also fervently hope that someday my children are so smart and bright as yours. I know that if you bring up Prince L the way you have been bringing up the princess, I am sure that he will be just as bright.

    Well big sis, I shall see you tomorrow.

    And until next time...I did floss tonight lol
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well written and thoughtful. I love Madison with all my heart and soul and Im so proud of her. And yes, she is that way because of you shandi, you do an amazing job as a mother to your children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwww shucks! you two are making me feel all warm and fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete