Followers

Friday, October 2, 2009

Seriously, I named my blog this for a reason…

It truly amazes me how many people truly do not care about or have no knowledge of oral health!

Your children should see the dentist by their 1st birthday. Not their third birthday, or when they start kindergarten…their 1st birthday!

Please do not assume your 5 year old is brushing their teeth correctly. Actually, please don’t assume your 7 or 10 year old is for that matter!! If your child is younger, let them do it then you do it again. If your child is older check their work…just like in school! If you take them to the dentist and they have cavities..don’t wonder why. They are children and need help with this.

Make sure you teach your children how to floss. Make sure you know how to floss before you teach them! Please stop sawing the floss!! If your gums bleed when you floss, it’s not because of the floss. It’s because you don’t floss.

m104879_v1_how2floss2

Also, please do not instill your fear of the dentist into them! You may not realize it, but they hear you saying “ oh my god, I hate the dentist…the sound of the drill is blah blah blah” Just stop! Why do you think your child has to be put to sleep for dental work? Because someone terrified them of the dentist so much that they freak out every time they have to go!

Just stop..and don’t forget to floss!

3 comments:

  1. I only floss id say about 6 times a year lol. And after I went once I never liked getting my teeth cleaned because the dentist was mean about it when my gums bled. Not to mention it really didnt feel too great. Also I only brush once a day...all my teeth are going to fall out T_T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work at the front desk and was amazed at how people would neglect their own children's teeth. My whole family thinks I'm crazy. I'm like the teeth police!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ the teeth police! Me too!

    ReplyDelete